The Bezzera Mitica espresso machine comes with a PID controlled steam boiler. The classicial sixties design, manufactured in top notch quality will provide you tons of fun over years to come. Equipped with the legendary commercial-grade Faema E61 brew group, heat exchanger for instant steam, heavy 2 quart copper boiler, professional rotary vane pump & two gauges for boiler and pump pressure, easy switchable between tank and plumbed you are set at home or abroad from Caterer to Motor Home. Your Mitica will deliver the best latte, espresso, cappuccino, macchiate or whatsoever is your favoriate coffee beverage. The solid steel housing has a beautiful polished finish. The Bezzera Mitica is built to last: Heavy powdercoated frame; all electronics out of heat zones; drip tray completely moves out of frame (no chance like competitors that water rinses into the machine); front panel overlaps drip tray to avoid water, wetness inside of the machine (believe it or not, some competitors do not take care of this simple feature to avoid humidity and water inside of the machine; on/off switch is NOT located in a wet area like competitors do; all screws allen machine screws with welded/popped counter nuts and not cheap metal screws like competitors use; no plastic parts for the encasement: Beautiful, meticulous crafted stainless steel encasement, welded corners and then polished to perfection.
Classic design, polished to perfection; E61 lever design grouhhead with pre-infusion (pulling the lever up, the pre-infusion starts, pulling the lever further up, the powerfull rotary pum is activated and the espresso extraction is launched. When the desired quantity of espresso is extracted, pulling down the lever on step, the rotary pump stops, but the extraction at a lower bar pressure continiues a little bit, pulling down the lever the second step, everything is stopped, a valve opens to release the left over pressure out of the brewing group); rotary vane pump; commercial valves; easy to handle joy sticks for steamwand and hot water; built to last; 2 years warranty; lifetime telephone support.
- Heat exchanger with a large 2.0 liter boiler allows you to brew coffee, steam milk, and pour hot piping water all at the same time.
- Stainless steel AISI 304 body polished to a mirror finish.
- E61 grouphead - hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot.
- Boiler pressure gauge (measures 0-3) to indicate steam boiler pressure.
- Pump pressure gauge (measures 0-16) to indicate brew pressure during espresso extraction. Please note that the only time this gauge should be looked at is when extracting espresso. At all other times, the reading is irrelevant.
- Lever next to the group head activates a micro switch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds.
- Multi-directional steam wand and hot water wand allow for more flexibility. The wands are not insulated and thus provided faster steaming/frothing of milk over 'no-burn' steam wands
- Joystick controls for steam and hot water wands give instant on/off operation as opposed to knobs that you must turn clockwise/counter clockwise.
- Rotary vane pump and motor situated underneath reservoir and adjustment can be made from underneath the espresso machine
- Parker Solenoid valves
- Switchable from reservoir mode to direct plumb mode: In order to make the switch, there is a loose wire found in reservoir area inside. This wire needs to be connected. The included plug needs to be inserted into the reservoir connection underneath the reservoir. The plug needs to be removed from the water line connection under the machine, and the included stainless steel braided hose needs to be attached. We suggest purchasing the fitting we receommend to attach on the other end of the hose for the water line.
- Three way manual solenoid valve allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction.
- Very large water tank (4 liters) - less refills for higher volume use. Refilling occurs from top of machine by lifting up lid on hinges.
- Passive cup warmer is heated faster with the non-insulated boiler
- Full size pressurestat regulated boiler pressure
- Full size vacuum breaker valve which removed vacuum from boiler after powering to the off position
- Rocker on/off power switch
- Auto-fill relay (brain unit) is placed on bottom base of unit away from the heat near the top of the machine. There is a cover placed over the relay to deflect possible water leakage.
What comes in the box?
1 x Espresso Machine brand new
1 x Hand book with hotline phone numbers U.S. and international
1 x Spare part brewing group gasket
1 x Portafilter with basket for 1-shot extraction
1 x Portafilter with basket for 2-shot extraction
1 x blind basket for flushing the brewing group
1 x plastic tamper (works perfect but not weight on it)
1 x Milk thermometer
2 x Espresso cup and saucer
1 x Espresso Bean sampler (if you might not have a very good grinder, we can send you the samle in the right grind for this machine)
1 x Digital total water hardness meter to assess the water quality over years (if you might change from bottled water to different bottled water, you move, etc.)
1 x Dealer warranty on the machine
1 x Lifetime telephone support for setting up the machine, maintaining the machine, how to extract the shot and make a perfect latte and all other questions coming up over the years (support valid for you as long as you own the espresso machine
Measurements: 15.75" H x 12.75" W x 18" D. Cup warmer section has a 1" lip.
Weight: pounds 65 pounds
Power: 1450 watts, 110 volts only, 50/60 hertz.
Boiler capacity: 0.53 gallons (2 liters).
Water tank capacity: 1.06 gallons (4 liters).
Weight: 65 lbs
Power: 110-120V / 60 Hz on a 110V 15A outlet
Boiler: 2 liter
Heater: 1,450 Watt
Fresh Water tank: 4 liter
Product of: Italy
Manufacturer: Bezzera, Milan
CE (European UL/CSA): yes
UL: no approval
CSA: no approval
ETL: no approval
NSF: no approval
The price is calculated as "free shipping" for the lower states. For Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada as well as international, please call us and we are more than happy to quote you your price including safe shipment to your destination.
Optional, we tune your machine for your favorite espresso beans, please send us a pound of your beans and we tune your machine accordingly to optimize flavor. You will receive a sample of how fine to grind as well, so you can adjust your grinder to match our understanding of how fine to grind. Please call us for all upcoming questions. 800 746 6174