Sweet or Salty? Both!
You can push it more to sweet or more to salty side, just experiment with the ingredients until you find your signature version...
- 1 oz of Il Caffe Manaresi Gold 92/8 espresso shot
- 1/2 oz caramel sauce
- 6.5 oz of milk
- Whipped cream
- Sea salt
- Splinters of solid caramel
How to make it:
- Steam milk to 140F and not more!
- Measure caramel sauce into a glass around 10-11 ounces
- Meanwhile extract the espresso shot
- Rinse the espresso shot on top as a second layer above the caramel sauce
- In slow motion pour the steamed milk as a third layer into the glass
- You can blend with a stir spoon now more or less the steamed milk with the layers underneath.
- Garnish the top of the cup with whipped cream, coarse sea salt and some solid caramel splinters
Il Caffe Manaresi is a family owned roasting company since 1898 in the Tuscany region of Italy. The Manaresi Gold stands out with a smooth but challenging flavor, providing a lingering aftertaste even in those recipes and coming with hints of hazelnut and cocoa without being flavored. The Manaresi Gold is an all in one talent, you can use it for espresso shots, but also for superautomatic machines, drip coffees and cold brews as well.
If your doctor or soul tells you not to using whipped cream, just steam the milk with a lot of bubbles by keeping the steamwand tip slightly above and below the surface of the milk in the pitchter, with a 3.5% milk you should get stiff foam on top of the milk. Pour first the milk underneath into the glass and later scoop the stiff foam on top of the layers like you do with the whipped cream.